This is my mother’s hot apple cider recipe, with my own spin on it. Here is another recipe that my mother makes every year. If you liked the Eggnog you will also like this recipe. his drink is usually made in a large batch and non-alcoholic. She typically makes this drink in a drink chafer (I think that is what it’s called). From my family to yours, enjoy!
This recipe is a guestimation as my mother said she just guesses and makes this cider to taste. I implore you to take your time and find the taste and alcohol strength of your own desire.
Spiked Apple Cider
- 32 ounces Fluid of Apple Cider
- 2 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 tablespoon of Whole Cloves
- 2 teaspoons of Allspice
- 5 Shots of Whiskey
- Mix apple cider, cloves, sugar, cinnamon stick, and allspice to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Remove from stove once brought to a boil.
- Strain and pour into mugs and top with 2.5 shots of whiskey in each cup.