Chicken and green beans is a healthy dish that you can find at any Chinese restaurant. But, did you know it is also a very easy dish to make at home as well? No? Well, I got you covered.
The food that’s made from Asia is diverse and vast. There are 48 countries that make up the continent, each with their own unique recipes and traditions. Even within these countries, there are differences in their cuisine.
In Chinese cuisine, a variety of dishes are made with a combination of different vegetables, lean protein, and rice. Most commonly, these are served with fish, chicken, and seafood. Other plant-based options include tofu and beans.
There are many different types of cuisines that you can choose from when it comes to dining at Asian restaurants. With a wide variety of options, it’s easy to find something that’s just right for your diet. Whether you prefer plant-based or animal-based meals, you’ll find something that fits your needs.
This is a very healthy, easy, and quick meal that includes a lot of vegetables and is loaded with protein. I like to serve this with brown rice, so it’s a complete meal, but it also works well with noodles or soup too.
Chicken And Green Beans
- 1 tablespoon & 1 teaspoon vegetable oil divided use
- 2 1/2 cups green beans trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth or water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add 1 teaspoon of oil in a large pan over medium heat
- Add the green beans and cook for approximately 3-4 minutes or until beans are tender
- Remove the green beans from the pan; place them on a plate and set them aside
- Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel
- Turn the heat to high and add the remaining tablespoon of oil
- Lightly season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and add them to the pan in a single layer (do not crowd the pan)
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through
- Remove chicken from the pan and place on the plate
- Add minced garlic to the pan and cook for about 30 or so seconds
- Toss the green beans and chicken back in the pan and cook for 2 more minutes or until the green beans are warmed through
- Whisk together the chicken broth, honey and soy sauce
- Pour the soy sauce mixture over the chicken and green beans; cook for 30 seconds
- In a small bowl mix the cornstarch with a tablespoon of cold water
- Whisk in the cornstarch and bring to a boil; cook until sauce has just started to thicken, stirring constantly